Phase 2 Section 1 – Min. of 5 hours – Classroom:
All applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm. Will discuss the Act with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/10(h), which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm. Emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65, which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception. The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq. Relevant portions of the ILCS. Unlawful Use of Weapons*. Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
Section 2 – Min. 3 Hours – Classroom/Range:
Dry fire holster skills from concealment, live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police.
* Paperwork confirming 8 hours of previous training if you did NOT attend Phase 1
* Comfortable Clothing - Athletic shoes are fine
* A Conceal garment - (Ex. Coat with front zipper, button down shirt, etc.)
* A baseball cap to deflect spare brass
* Pen and Paper for Notes
* Lunch & Drink for 30 min. break. (You will also be able to go to a local fast food restaurant)
* Ear and Eye Protection
* CASED, UNLOADED FIREARM. Instructor has the right to inspect your bag and firearm before entering the classroom.
Please leave your firearm in your car until the instructor gives you permission.
* Minimum of 60 rounds of FACTORY AMMO. No reloads! NO AMMO IN THE CLASSROOM!
* Minimum of (1) spare magazine or speed loader.
* STRONG SIDE BELT HIP HOLSTER. No cross draw holsters allowed! Outside the waistband.
* A Good Attitude!!
NOTE: Class Fee does NOT include any state fees, licensing fees, fingerprinting or photos that may be required to obtain the license.
Price DOES NOT include: Any state application fees, photos, or fingerprints.
Application fees to Illinois, Utah, Arizona and Florida are additional costs paid to the states.
No refunds unless class is cancelled by FSG. You many reschedule for an scheduled classes with availability.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
No refunds are available if you are not able to attend a class that you have already scheduled. Refunds are only available if FSG cancels a class. If you are unable to attend your originally scheduled class, we will gladly reschedule.