The Defensive Shooting Clinic is a 3 hour introduction to shooting in a defensive context.
Some skills we will teach and introduce:
- Lateral movement: fluidity with drawing and malfunctions
- Multiple target engagements and situational awareness - breaking tunnel vision
- Moving, shooting and communicating with a partner
Some skills you want to have prior to the course:
-Holster qualification and intermediate level of training
- Drawing with efficiency and consistency
- Shooting from the holster with consistency
- Be able to look around without moving the muzzle from a safe direction
- Have safe handling while moving with a loaded firearm
- Pistol with accompanying holster
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- 3 magazines minimum
- Eye and ear protection
Pistol Level 2 – Enhanced Skills Course
- 2 days
- Open to all PAL-R pistol shooters from intermediate to advanced, recreational to competitive, or armed professionals
- It is strongly recommended that participants attending this course have a reasonably effective ability to apply the basic pistol shooting fundamentals accurately
- This course will begin by reviewing and applying the fundamentals "essentails" required for practical accuracy
- Participants will then learn to develop the technical and physical skills required for the enhancement of speed and efficient pistol skills, while maintaining accuracy
- All work will be done from a holster
- A Holster Competency Certificate will be included
- Any semi-automatic pistol or revolver manufactured to be utilized in an operational capacity, or recreational shooting sports and competitive shooting
- Any holster manufactured to contain the above handgun on either the waistline, or thigh, on the dominant side of the body. This holster does not necessarily have to possess any locking mechanisms, however the handgun must be held secure enough, that it would not fall out if shaken from an upside-down position
- 3 magazines or speed-loaders with two pouches, manufactured to contain the magazines or speed-loaders securely upon the shooters body. The pouch does not necessarily have to possess any retention mechanisms, however they must be able to securely hold the magazine / speed-loader so that it will not fall out
- 550 rounds of applicable ammunition
- Hearing and eye protection
- Lunch will not be provided. Therefore participants must be prepared with whatever food and hydration they deem necessary to sustain them for the day
- For outdoor ranges; participants must also be prepared for the weather elements and dress accordingly. There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing
Owner/Operator; Brake Tactical Training Solutions
This is a 3 Day Training Course
Friday 5:00PM to 9:00PM
Saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Sunday 10:00AM to 6:00PM
(1) IPSC ONTARIO BLACK BADGE SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAM
The "Black Badge" course teaches a combination of safety and proficiency because proficiency is important to safety. The student has to be safe at the normal speed and accuracy requirements of Practical Pistol competition. The course is designed to develop safety and proficiency in a progression. The student has to learn by doing and by being closely supervised by the instructor.
(2) YOU MUST BE SAFE
Knowing what is safe is not enough, without very close instruction and supervision the student will not realize the things he is doing which might be unsafe in Practical Pistol. The instructor must catch unsafe actions at the earliest stage and drill the appropriate responses into the student so that all actions become reflexive. Even so, at all stages the student should be told and logically know and understand these areas. Upon completion of the course, the student will be very safe and reasonably proficient; proficient enough to have fun at the matches staged by practical pistol shooters at their own clubs and at inter-club competitions.
HOW MUCH AMMUNITION DO I NEED FOR A BLACK BADGE COURSE?
A typical Black Badge requires about 600-700 rounds of ammunition to complete. To do the course requirement even once requires around 200 or more rounds and most times students shoot each course requirement quite a number of times. It would be a good idea to bring between 600 and 700 rounds just to be sure that you won't run out.
(3) NEW SHOOTERS
New students are those who have gone through a club level safety course and have been approved by their club for target shooting on the club range and who are now going through this Practical Pistol safety and proficiency course. They should already be experienced target shooters.
(4) DEGREES OF DIFFICULTY
At this stage the student should know that most of the required steps require both time and accuracy to qualify and some involve just accuracy. They student will continue to try until they complete each exercise. For some students it will come right away, while others may have difficulty with a specific stage, In any event, after several attempts have been made at a stage, the class will move on and those who haven't qualified on that stage can move on with the class and try the subsequent stages. They can go back to the earlier stages the next time the class convenes. Each student has an individual record sheet and as that student qualifies, the instructor initials the appropriate box. When the individual pages are completed, they are sent to the Black Badge Coordinator so that the student's qualifications are recognized.
When students graduate from this course, they are qualified IPSC shooters and are entitled to a provisional (temporary) Black Badge which enables them to compete in IPSC competitions. With this "provisional" Black Badge, the course graduate must safely competein their first sanctioned IPSC competition, which is the final requirement for the Black Badge Training Program. Once their signed blue provisional card is received by the training coordinator a Black Badge number will be assigned and a Black Badge issued.
(6) OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Participation in a Black Badge Safety Training Program does not automatically guarantee success. Even after all course requirements have been met, an instructor may, at his discretion deny qualification to a student due to safety reasons or a question of attitude.
Pistol Level 1 Basic Fundamentals Skills Course
- The basic fundamentals are the "essential" base skills that all shooting applications begn with. They must be continually practiced and perfected throughout all shooting disciplines.
- Open to all Restricted PAL shooters seeking to learn about these fundamentals, or refresh their current abilities, or to continue the pursuit of perfecting their skills.
-This course will focus on defining and isolating the pistol shooting fundamentals for best individual practical accuracy, as well as, basic pistol handling skills.
-Time will be spent both in the classroom and on the firing range.
-Although the use of a holster is recommended, it is not mandatory. Students will be instucted on it's safe use.
-Any pistol manufactured to be utilized in recreational pistol shooting or for competitive pistol shooting (Pistols will be available to rent for 50 dollars for the day). For shooters using a .22 rimfire, you are required to bring 4 inert / dummy dry-fire training cartridges
-Any Holster manufactured to contain the above pistol on the waistline of pants/trousers, or thigh (on the dominant side of the body). The holster does not have to possess any locking mechanisms, however the pistol must be held secure enough that it would not fall out if shook from an upside down position.
-3 magazines, 2 mag pouches, manufactured to contain the magazines securely upon the shooters body. This pouch does not have to possess any retention mechanisms but must hold the mags secure.
-130 rounds of applicable ammunition (Ammo will be available for purchase on site).
-Hearing and eye protection.
-lunch is not included but there will be a lunch break provided.
Owner/Operator; Brake Tactical Training Solutions
PISTOL LEVEL 3 – ADVANCED SKILLS COURS
2 DAY COURSE
LOCATION: Gagnon Shooting Centre, Oshawa - http://gagnonshootingcentre.com/
COST: $280 taxes included
TO REGISTER: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Class size is limited