TACTICAL CARBINE BASIC SKILLS COURSE
Gagnon Shooting Centre 2019
Inquiries, please contact - Mike Brake email@example.com
Pistol Level 2 – Enhanced Skills Course
- 2 days
- Open to all PAL-R pistol shooters from intermediate to advanced, recreational to competitive, or armed professionals
- It is strongly recommended that participants attending this course have a reasonably effective ability to apply the basic pistol shooting fundamentals accurately
- This course will begin by reviewing and applying the fundamentals "essentails" required for practical accuracy
- Participants will then learn to develop the technical and physical skills required for the enhancement of speed and efficient pistol skills, while maintaining accuracy
- All work will be done from a holster
- A Holster Competency Certificate will be included
- Any semi-automatic pistol or revolver manufactured to be utilized in an operational capacity, or recreational shooting sports and competitive shooting
- Any holster manufactured to contain the above handgun on either the waistline, or thigh, on the dominant side of the body. This holster does not necessarily have to possess any locking mechanisms, however the handgun must be held secure enough, that it would not fall out if shaken from an upside-down position
- 3 magazines or speed-loaders with two pouches, manufactured to contain the magazines or speed-loaders securely upon the shooters body. The pouch does not necessarily have to possess any retention mechanisms, however they must be able to securely hold the magazine / speed-loader so that it will not fall out
- 550 rounds of applicable ammunition
- Hearing and eye protection
- Lunch will not be provided. Therefore participants must be prepared with whatever food and hydration they deem necessary to sustain them for the day
- For outdoor ranges; participants must also be prepared for the weather elements and dress accordingly. There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing
Owner/Operator; Brake Tactical Training Solutions
Pistol Level 1 Basic Fundamentals Skills Course
- The basic fundamentals are the "essential" base skills that all shooting applications begn with. They must be continually practiced and perfected throughout all shooting disciplines.
- Open to all Restricted PAL shooters seeking to learn about these fundamentals, or refresh their current abilities, or to continue the pursuit of perfecting their skills.
-This course will focus on defining and isolating the pistol shooting fundamentals for best individual practical accuracy, as well as, basic pistol handling skills.
-Time will be spent both in the classroom and on the firing range.
-Although the use of a holster is recommended, it is not mandatory. Students will be instucted on it's safe use.
-Any pistol manufactured to be utilized in recreational pistol shooting or for competitive pistol shooting (Pistols will be available to rent for 50 dollars for the day). For shooters using a .22 rimfire, you are required to bring 4 inert / dummy dry-fire training cartridges
-Any Holster manufactured to contain the above pistol on the waistline of pants/trousers, or thigh (on the dominant side of the body). The holster does not have to possess any locking mechanisms, however the pistol must be held secure enough that it would not fall out if shook from an upside down position.
-3 magazines, 2 mag pouches, manufactured to contain the magazines securely upon the shooters body. This pouch does not have to possess any retention mechanisms but must hold the mags secure.
-130 rounds of applicable ammunition (Ammo will be available for purchase on site).
-Hearing and eye protection.
-lunch is not included but there will be a lunch break provided.
Owner/Operator; Brake Tactical Training Solutions
PISTOL LEVEL 3 – ADVANCED SKILLS COURS
2 DAY COURSE
Sat 11:00 - 7:00 pm, Sun 10:00-6:00 pm
LOCATION: Gagnon Shooting Centre, Oshawa - http://gagnonshootingcentre.com/
COST: $280 taxes included
TO REGISTER: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Class size is limited
Hunting in Canada and in particular Ontario has made a huge resurgence, we have opportunities in Ontario that most of the world can only dream of. Ontario has been a leader in the area of hunter training for many decades, and this has led to a huge reduction in the number of hunting safety incidents annually. Whether you want to hunt with rifles or with bows you must successfully complete the Ontario Hunter Education Program. The OHEP course is offered in two manners, either as a standalone course or as part of a "onestop" program where the student is attending both the Hunter Education course and the Non Restricted Firearms course. When taken as part of a onestop class it is a 10 hour course plus testing time, when taken as a standalone class the same 10 hours of instruction is required but we must also complete the firearms handling portion of the course.
-Explore why we want to hunt
-Wildlife management, ecology, ecosystems and habitat
-Understand responsible and ethical hunting
-Laws, Regulation, and the annual "Hunting Summary"
-Clothing, Equipment, Survival, and Hypothermia
-Hunting techniques, calling, scouting, wind, treestands
-Shot placement for Ontario big game
-Field dressing and preparing animals for taxidermy
-The 10 rules of hunter safety
-Bow hunting, bow types and parts, it's a short nature sport